Off topic: Considering an EMF/Radiation Protection Device...
Thread poster: Juliaq
Juliaq
Juliaq
Netherlands
Nov 25, 2015

Should I go for it? I am considering one of these devices for protection against computer radiation.

I have looked at numerous products, but have yet to find any clear, objective information on their real performance. Specifically, I was considering an orgonite generator, an Aires Defender, an anti-radiation chip or sticker, or computer screen filter.

It seems to me that with the screen filter, for example, the radiation would just be redirected but still come back - ba
... See more
Should I go for it? I am considering one of these devices for protection against computer radiation.

I have looked at numerous products, but have yet to find any clear, objective information on their real performance. Specifically, I was considering an orgonite generator, an Aires Defender, an anti-radiation chip or sticker, or computer screen filter.

It seems to me that with the screen filter, for example, the radiation would just be redirected but still come back - based on the fact that advertisements for cell phone filters state that they redirect the radiation away from the user's head.

Is this foolish? Or could something like an orgonite generator really work? Does anyone use any of these or have any experience with them?

What about an anti-radiation suit?
Collapse

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:57
Member (2008)
Italian to English
How about one of these Nov 25, 2015

You need one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/opha3nj

Juliaq
Juliaq
Netherlands
TOPIC STARTER
an Isolator! Nov 25, 2015

eliminates noise as well!

Michael Barnett
Michael Barnett
Local time: 09:57
English
+ ...
Total protection Nov 26, 2015

I vote for Tom's Isolator!

Michael

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Their time has gone Nov 26, 2015

Juliaq wrote:

The device that was the source of the most worry back in the 1980s when people started to pay attention was the venerable CRT monitor. This accelerated a beam of electrons (three, in fact) at a screen, with the user sitting not far behind, so it was not surprising that people felt a little nervous about EMI. However, I'm pretty sure you're not using a CRT.

But although CRTs have passed away, these days we have more RF EMI, such as wifi, cellphones... Myself, I pay attention to ergonomics and health but I find it hard to make a case for a big push to dampen EMI. Wherever you go, you're swimming in it these days. The cost of implementing an avoidance strategy seems high while the payoff seems uncertain.

Regards
Dan

EDIT: I second Tom's suggestion if you're genuinely worried

[Edited at 2015-11-26 10:30 GMT]

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:57
Italian to English
+ ...
Modern equipment Nov 26, 2015

Hi Julia,
I think the most important thing is to use modern equipment.

Over the years emissions from computers and cell phones have dropped I think, also as a way to sell new ones, just like lower emission vehicles. This reduction in emissions is especially the case for harmful ionizing radiation.

I don't think modern (last 5 years) PCs and mobile phones emit much harmful radiation.

On the other hand though as this sort of technology and intensive us
... See more
Hi Julia,
I think the most important thing is to use modern equipment.

Over the years emissions from computers and cell phones have dropped I think, also as a way to sell new ones, just like lower emission vehicles. This reduction in emissions is especially the case for harmful ionizing radiation.

I don't think modern (last 5 years) PCs and mobile phones emit much harmful radiation.

On the other hand though as this sort of technology and intensive use is pretty recent there's really no long-term evidence to say whether what we're doing with computers and mobile phones is really harmful or not.
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:57
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Reality Nov 26, 2015

Radiation from consumer electronic devices has never been shown to be harmful to human health, and the issue has been studied quite extensively. I'd suggest that you take a deep breath and get on with your life. There are many things you can do to improve your health (exercise and diet come to mind) but worrying about the unspecified dangers of electromagnetic radiation is not one of them.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
or you could try one of these Nov 26, 2015

http://tinyurl.com/ngyp4c8

Daryo
Daryo
United Kingdom
Serbian to English
+ ...
I would be more worried Nov 28, 2015

about Repetitive Strain Injury and problems with the back created by bad posture

Put you monitor/screen at eye level, the keyboard as low as possible and sit straight - that will correct the most common mistakes made by those spending hours on computers and WILL certainly help;
... See more
about Repetitive Strain Injury and problems with the back created by bad posture

Put you monitor/screen at eye level, the keyboard as low as possible and sit straight - that will correct the most common mistakes made by those spending hours on computers and WILL certainly help;

you could also try this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Orgone_Energy_Accumulator_(right-angle,_open).JPGab0u
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone

but I'm personally not convinced ,,,,

OTOH there is another VERY REAL source of danger, most of the time blissfully ignored: radon gas
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radon
Collapse

Chié_JP
Chié_JP
Japan
Local time: 22:57
Member (2013)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Not the Radiation... Nov 30, 2015

Radiation could be a small factor but I think there are more things to worry around PCs.

Actually radiation effect does not have data (low level continuous exposion from device)
because no one used them so frequently in the previous centuries, we need to see for ourselves.
Radiation resistant humans must be expected by biological adaptation if these devices are and will be a must have & yet harmful.

As long as one does not place PC near body, radia
... See more
Radiation could be a small factor but I think there are more things to worry around PCs.

Actually radiation effect does not have data (low level continuous exposion from device)
because no one used them so frequently in the previous centuries, we need to see for ourselves.
Radiation resistant humans must be expected by biological adaptation if these devices are and will be a must have & yet harmful.

As long as one does not place PC near body, radiation is not so much a worry as other risks.

The thing is that any kind of electro-magnetic waves (and infra-red to the eye from screen) has a small but accumulating effect of tiring humans.

Sometimes people advice that when you live in a studio room
(everything is put in the same room, bed, desk and kitchen), never place a fridge close to your head when you sleep even when there is a wall - it would be a potential cause of sleep disorder in the long term etc.
Likewise audio component or tablets should be turned off when you sleep.

Home gas generator units are already causing trouble with low frequency waves (note it is only AUDIO waves, not radiation!) and we hear that in aeroplane foods' taste go numb because of the continuous plane engine sound.

Just unlike we feel more calm & refreshed in the forest and the lake,
it is a feeling of small burden and anxiousness when exposed to electro-magnetic from PCs for a long time. This is something we need to tolerate and go along with.
- A report said using the internet (Not PC, internet) for more than 3hours a day would cause negative effect to human mind perhaps not because of radiation.
Same goes for Facebook users but I am very sure that the Facebook problem is from factors other than radiation.

Frequent breaks would help lessen your stiff necks, shoulder and eyes, and avoiding sitting too long continuously would also help your cardiac.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Considering an EMF/Radiation Protection Device...

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »