Mariusz Kuklinski  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:03
English to Polish
+ ...
The Lighter side? May 5, 2012

Susanna Garcia wrote:

Well done Mats!
But shouldn't this be under The Lighter Side of Translation!
Suzi

I looks to me like The Heavier Side of Translation!

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:03
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Lose the loose fat May 5, 2012

Mats Wiman wrote:

Loose fat, not muscle

Loose fat is the problem. We need to lose it.

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:03
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
I am still alive and kicking May 21, 2014

Hi all,

Up till now (May 2014) I have continued my “dangerous” diet in spite of all warnings I have received the last 16 years.
When I abided by the warnings (the officlal so-called ‘scientific truth (haha)), it only brought me dangerous medicines, bad health and less strength, resulting in a heart attack (2006) and a stroke (2007).
This 'science' made me so angry that I decided not to trust any doctor, authority or 'expert'.
I then found Annika Dahlqvist (L
... See more
Hi all,

Up till now (May 2014) I have continued my “dangerous” diet in spite of all warnings I have received the last 16 years.
When I abided by the warnings (the officlal so-called ‘scientific truth (haha)), it only brought me dangerous medicines, bad health and less strength, resulting in a heart attack (2006) and a stroke (2007).
This 'science' made me so angry that I decided not to trust any doctor, authority or 'expert'.
I then found Annika Dahlqvist (LCHF pioneer) and Uffe Ravnskov (killer of the cholesterol hypothesis) and others who had practiced the LCHF diet for years, only enjoying good effects (among them the Brit Barry Groves and his wife Monica (having converted in 1963), the Swede Sten-Sture Skaldeman (minus 68 kg) and the Swedish ex-diabetic Lars-Erik Litsfeldt.
Even offical Sweden has retreated into a position of blushing confession that LCHF "can be good for short term weight loss" without officially admitting that they were wrong all the time.
A government investigative analysis nevertheless stated unequivocally that LCHF is "the best method to lose weight".

As to the danger of saturated fats (butter, lard, coconut oil and the fat part of most meats), WHO has stated unequivocally that all fears completely lack scientific foundation.
CardioVascular Diseases (CVD)) are virtually unknown to people with a high fat consumption like the Inuits/Eskimos (seal and fish fat), the Massais (milk, cream, butter), Indonesians (Coconut oil).

People being hit by these Western diseases eat 'Western food' the common denominator of which is foods rich in carbohydrates, i.e. the food most of the world’s population eat today.
When one tries to understand why this nutritional folly still prevails, some factors emerge:

The food industry sells food which is cheap to produce, thus generating big profits and is inherently not interested in selling healthier/more genuine stuff with less profit.

Even less interested in caring for the well-being of people is the pharmaceutical industry which on the contrary thrives on people being sick or at least feeling as if they were sick
or
- the most profitable alternative - they fear that they might become deadly sick (CVD,stroke, etc), unless they munch cholesterol-lowering statins and blood pressure reducing pills, the beneficial effects of which remain unproven. (They only made me sicker).

It is true that statins lower the cholesterol lab value but this does not prove that you get healthier (its “scientific truth” is still based on a 1953 forged study proclaiming a causative connection between saturated fat and CVD(cardiovascular diseases) and stroke. This is terribly embarassing for the ‘scientific’ world, including the health care systems of the world (all heavily subsidized by this mega-billion industry).

I have so far not experienced any drawbacks with my monotonous LCHF diet with the exception that I, like an alcoholic, must resist temptations when seeing others eat/offer old favorites like toasts, baguettes, pizzas, potatoes and other carbohydrate-rich delicacies.

Mats LCHF Wiman
Collapse

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:03
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Always hungry? Here's why. May 21, 2014

Excess carbohydrates, not fat, is the problem. See this article for more info.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/opinion/sunday/always-hungry-heres-why.html?src=me&_r=0

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:03
English to German
+ ...
How to handle meat? May 21, 2014

Mats Wiman wrote:

I have so far not experienced any drawbacks with my monotonous LCHF diet with the exception that I, like an alcoholic, must resist temptations when seeing others eat/offer old favorites like toasts, baguettes, pizzas, potatoes and other carbohydrate-rich delicacies.

Mats LCHF Wiman

Hi Mats,

Great info - and congratulations on your continued success!. Can I ask you which meats you eat? I know the most important step is to get meat from animals who haven't been treated or fed with hormones and/or steroids etc. which is quite difficult and only with chicken I found a brand that works for me - the meat also tastes much better.

When I buy beef, I usually buy it at the meat counter and do look at the amount of fat - I do cut off the fat at home too whenever possible (except with steaks which I try to buy as lean as possible), be it beef, chicken or pork. That combined with portion control is how I handle meats. Cold-cuts and processed food such as turkey slices and turkey bacon are another story - less is better, of course.

Ho do you handle meat in your diet? How about soya as a meat replacement? Yes, no?

With regard to exercise, I just started a regimen again running combined with walking at least 3 times a week. The only problem there is that I still carry too much weight with me - I have no problem breathing but my legs hurt after a while - I am sure once I lose more weight, this will become easier. Just a thought on exercising.

B

[Edited at 2014-05-21 18:01 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How i lost 15 kg and escaped diabetes

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »