Translator University looking for content ideas.
Thread poster: Gregory Flanders
Gregory Flanders
Gregory Flanders  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:20
French to English
+ ...
Apr 30, 2020

Hello!

I started a little website (Translator University) a few years ago to help beginning translators become better established online.

And, like most fledgling blog writers, I quickly became busy with work and family commitments and put it aside. However, I'd love to pick up on the idea again, and would like to ask the community for ideas on what brand new translators need to learn first.

Fr
... See more
Hello!

I started a little website (Translator University) a few years ago to help beginning translators become better established online.

And, like most fledgling blog writers, I quickly became busy with work and family commitments and put it aside. However, I'd love to pick up on the idea again, and would like to ask the community for ideas on what brand new translators need to learn first.

From my experience receiving hundreds (thousands?) of unsolicited emails from fledgling and established translators every year, I've come to the conclusion that there is a lot of work to be done helping would-be translators clean up their online presence, cover letters and resumes. That will be my first goal, but do you have any other suggestions?

I put together a short, anonymous survey. It takes 2 minutes to complete. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DZZWGNR

If you're interested in following me on the project, you can subscribe on the webpage to the mailing list (or just join the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/TranslatorUniversity

Thank you!

[Edited at 2020-04-30 14:50 GMT]
Collapse

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Page not found Apr 30, 2020

The Facebook page with its link is unavailable: This page isn't available
The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.

Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Centre

Gregory Flanders
Gregory Flanders  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, fixed! Apr 30, 2020

Josephine Cassar wrote: The Facebook page with its link is unavailable: This page isn't available

Thanks, fixed!

Josephine Cassar

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translator University looking for content ideas.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »