Basma Hakim
Basma Hakim
Egypt
Local time: 16:51
Arabic to English
+ ...
Feb 15, 2016

Hello;

please I know a site for designers where they can design a logo for example and pubblish it in this site then the experts in this field give their opinion and so the beginner designer learn and get moore experience so I need a site or more than one site for publish my translation and know my errors.

Thanks in advance.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:51
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Terrible Feb 16, 2016

Basma Hakim wrote:

Hello;

please I know a site for designers where they can design a logo for example and pubblish it in this site then the experts in this field give their opinion and so the beginner designer learn and get moore experience so I need a site or more than one site for publish my translation and know my errors.

Thanks in advance.

Your English is not good. I cannot really understand what you are asking. I am concerned that you are offering your services as a translator into English. You should not be doing that.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 15:51
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Wow, the post written in one breath. Feb 16, 2016

Your initial post does not contain many periods does it, it's like you presented several ideas without separating them with a comma, or period, or anything. Interesting approach to punctuation, they would find it original in the literary world. Not sure about technical world.

I can't relate to what you are asking either, as it is not clear.

Oh, edit: I believe you are asking for a place to showcase your translation work then having someone revising it for you for free?
... See more
Your initial post does not contain many periods does it, it's like you presented several ideas without separating them with a comma, or period, or anything. Interesting approach to punctuation, they would find it original in the literary world. Not sure about technical world.

I can't relate to what you are asking either, as it is not clear.

Oh, edit: I believe you are asking for a place to showcase your translation work then having someone revising it for you for free? On a public board?

[Edited at 2016-02-16 13:28 GMT]
Collapse

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Not to pour cold water on your hopes, but... Feb 16, 2016

I would advise you to contact a professional translation agency in Cairo, where you live, and ask them for honest advice on your language skills and what it means to be a translator/interpreter in a culture-appropriate manner. There is always a chance they might let you work with them or be able to offer you an internship if your other, non-English language abilities are in line with theirs. I'm afraid your current knowledge of English - as evidenced by what you write here - still needs quite a ... See more
I would advise you to contact a professional translation agency in Cairo, where you live, and ask them for honest advice on your language skills and what it means to be a translator/interpreter in a culture-appropriate manner. There is always a chance they might let you work with them or be able to offer you an internship if your other, non-English language abilities are in line with theirs. I'm afraid your current knowledge of English - as evidenced by what you write here - still needs quite a few years of study before you can call it even adequate to use professionally. As it is, it's not clear what you are asking.Collapse

Loreta Saddi
Loreta Saddi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:51
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Huh? Feb 16, 2016

Are you a translator??

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Semicolon after "Hello"... Feb 16, 2016

then no punctuation whatsoever in a two liner with 5-6 different ideas.

Perhaps punctuation standards may vary between languages?

Stream of consciousness (narrative mode)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stream_of_consciousness_(narrative_mode)

[Edited at 2016-02-16 13:34 GMT]

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
translators' community Feb 16, 2016

Dear Basma, I think you are in the wrong place. This is a community of translators.

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
definitely not "Hi" or "hello". Feb 16, 2016

Basma Hakim wrote:
Hello;
Thanks in advance.

There is something which irritates me a lot. You are asking people who do not know at all. At least turn to them with respect and please, do not adrress your request to anyone as "hello" because some users (including me) can find it (this manner) uneducated and unkind. Please be nice to people if you asking for help. For example:

"Dear translators," or "Dear Translation Community members," or "Dear ProZ.com members" (a little bit formal)
or "Dear Colleagues,
Could you please tell me/ help me" etc....? ...but definitely not "Hi" or "hello".

Sorry.

[Edited at 2016-02-16 13:41 GMT]

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Some information/advice Feb 16, 2016

I agree with what others have said about not translating into a language that you don't excel in. I'm particularly worried that you, as an Arabic native speaker, are proposing to offer ITEN translation. Translating between two foreign languages is an extremely dubious proposition at any time, but between two languages with millions of native speakers? Really, it defies logic.

However, you may well produce very good translations from those languages into Arabic. You can find out here
... See more
I agree with what others have said about not translating into a language that you don't excel in. I'm particularly worried that you, as an Arabic native speaker, are proposing to offer ITEN translation. Translating between two foreign languages is an extremely dubious proposition at any time, but between two languages with millions of native speakers? Really, it defies logic.

However, you may well produce very good translations from those languages into Arabic. You can find out here on ProZ.com as there is just what you're looking for: a translation feedback ares. http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_feedback_area-1049.html
Collapse

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
The purpose of this area... Feb 16, 2016

Sheila Wilson wrote:

However, you may well produce very good translations from those languages into Arabic. You can find out here on ProZ.com as there is just what you're looking for: a translation feedback ares. http://www.proz.com/forum/translation_feedback_area-1049.html

I don't visit that part of the forum much, but now I just took a quick look at it, and I don't think that's what he is looking for. The people use that forum to discuss their "translation experiences", and not doing the actual work of revising someone's translation publicly (that kind of thing was done within ProZ translation contests?). He is asking for a full contextual piece to be revised fully. Or perhaps I am mistaken?

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Er, hello... Feb 16, 2016

Erzsébet Czopyk wrote:

do not adrress your request to anyone as "hello" because some users (including me) can find it (this manner) uneducated and unkind.

Well it might mean something rude in Hungarian, but in the English-speaking world this is a pretty standard greeting...

Thomas Pfann
Thomas Pfann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Translation Feedback Area Feb 16, 2016

Lingua 5B wrote:

I don't visit that part of the forum much, but now I just took a quick look at it, and I don't think that's what he is looking for. The people use that forum to discuss their "translation experiences", and not doing the actual work of revising someone's translation publicly (that kind of thing was done within ProZ translation contests?). He is asking for a full contextual piece to be revised fully. Or perhaps I am mistaken?

I think the ProZ translation feedback area is exactly what Basma was looking for. The scope of this area is explained here:

The scope of this area is to discuss short translation texts, as a means of improving, getting opinions from colleagues, and having fun. ...

All ProZ.com members are welcome to submit texts to be posted and discussed, and to provide their feedback and opinions on posted material. ...

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Oh, OK... Feb 16, 2016

That's good, he can then go there and have all his errors identified, hear suggestions, get guidance, and then having his corrected translation reread. Let's see if that happens.

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:51
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feedback sites Feb 16, 2016

Here is a site where you can post in a foreign language and people will correct your mistakes for free (why they do this I don't know): http://lang-8.com/

Álvaro Espantaleón Moreno
Álvaro Espantaleón Moreno  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
Wordreference Feb 16, 2016

Maybe there. I often find threads in Wordreference about how to translate stuff. Anyway, just read as many books as you can in your native language, get a good grasp of English and start translating into Arabic (clients will give you then all the feedback you need)

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need feedback sites for my translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »