Off topic: I just received this message. It's a clear sign that someone believes in google translator.
Thread poster: Elvira Bianco
Elvira Bianco
Elvira Bianco  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:40
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 18, 2016

Lieta di darvi il mio sconosciuto! Sono Daria, vivo in Russland, lavorando economista. ha Deciso di pubblicare in questa pagina, personali dati nella speranza di che rispondera persone, che vuole conoscerti con me. Io piacere una persona per bene, che ha un senso umorismo, e in chi potrebbe ottenere cose in comune. Io facilmente trovo questo con la maggior parte delle persone, tuttavia mi interessa lo, che vorrei ha avuto la possibilita condividere tutte le gioie e le preoccupazioni. Persone chi... See more
Lieta di darvi il mio sconosciuto! Sono Daria, vivo in Russland, lavorando economista. ha Deciso di pubblicare in questa pagina, personali dati nella speranza di che rispondera persone, che vuole conoscerti con me. Io piacere una persona per bene, che ha un senso umorismo, e in chi potrebbe ottenere cose in comune. Io facilmente trovo questo con la maggior parte delle persone, tuttavia mi interessa lo, che vorrei ha avuto la possibilita condividere tutte le gioie e le preoccupazioni. Persone chi la nostra comprensione sarebbe a assoluto. So, ideale difficile raggiungere, ma spero, potrebbe almeno avvicinarsi a lui, e mi e soddisfatto. Mi ventotto anni. Io ottimista e positivo persona che felice prendere ogni singolo una persona, se solo avesse decente e pronto negoziare. Tutto quello che devono, stiamo potrebbero capire personali, rappresentanti comunita di interessi. Credo, la presenza di comunita – iniziale importante segnale, che ci incontriamo non a caso. E poi si potrebbero continua comunicazione, e ho detto per te stesso maggiori informazioni. Io alla ricerca di un rapporto serio, intenzione creare una famiglia con costoso un uomo, avere un bambini e felicita. Daria!Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
: D Aug 18, 2016

In the past, people used to write sublime and refined poetry lines to their objects of desire, and nowadays they use Google Translate. I got the gist because I understand those parts of Italian that resemble French.

lol.

However, I ran your text as it is through Google Translate and got this:

Pleased to give you my stranger! I'm Daria, I live in Russland, working economist. He has Decided to publish on this page, personal data in the hope that people will r
... See more
In the past, people used to write sublime and refined poetry lines to their objects of desire, and nowadays they use Google Translate. I got the gist because I understand those parts of Italian that resemble French.

lol.

However, I ran your text as it is through Google Translate and got this:

Pleased to give you my stranger! I'm Daria, I live in Russland, working economist. He has Decided to publish on this page, personal data in the hope that people will respond, who wants to meet with me. I enjoy a good person, that makes sense humor, and who could get things in common. I find this easily with most people, however it interests me, which I would have had the chance to share the joys and concerns. People who our understanding would be absolute. So, an ideal difficult to achieve, but I hope, might at least get close to him, and I and satisfied. I am twenty-eight years. I optimistic and positive person than happy to take every single one person, if only he had a decent and ready to negotiate. All you need, we could understand personal, representatives of community interests. I believe, the presence of community initial Â- important signal, that we meet not by chance. And then it could continue communication, and I said to yourself further information. I looking for a serious relationship, intention to create a family with expensive a man, have children, and happiness. Daria!

Family with expensive a man? Hum, hum.
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:40
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
And the point is? Aug 18, 2016

And what is the point of this topic? Sure, the message has tons of mistakes but at the same time the intentions of the author are quite clear to me. Thus, Google Translate works. Or what?

Elvira Bianco
Elvira Bianco  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No topic. Aug 18, 2016

I choose the "Fun with Proz" to share a laugh.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
"Fun with ProZ.com" Aug 18, 2016

esperantisto wrote:

And what is the point of this topic? Sure, the message has tons of mistakes but at the same time the intentions of the author are quite clear to me. Thus, Google Translate works. Or what?

No point, just fun.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:40
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Ah, I see Aug 18, 2016

However, there are people that take Google Translate quite seriously:
Love in translation: He spoke French. I spoke English. Google to the rescue.
Who knows, maybe, Daria will eventually tell us another true-love-via-Google story.

[Edited at 2016-08-18 09:02 GMT]

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
English to German
In memoriam
The intentions might not be what you think they are Aug 18, 2016

esperantisto wrote:

Just for the record, there is only one intention in such a message: They want you to open the attached file in order to infiltrate your system with malware. The message has no other point, and everyone should be aware of that.

I am amazed that scammers like that still rely on machine translation. Maybe the message works better if it looks amateurish.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

I just received this message. It's a clear sign that someone believes in google translator.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »