Guy Halperin (X)
Israel
Local time: 07:11
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 23, 2017

Hello,

i have 3 issues with Fluency now when translating to Hebrew:

1. quote marks automatically show as low curly quotes (whether it's within a word or at the closing of double quotes), so acronyms look ridiculous because in Hebrew low curly quotes are not used with acronyms, and double quotes definitely look ridiculous because low curly quotes are only used when the quote itself is from the bible or of religious context ... otherwise we use regular high quotes.
... See more
Hello,

i have 3 issues with Fluency now when translating to Hebrew:

1. quote marks automatically show as low curly quotes (whether it's within a word or at the closing of double quotes), so acronyms look ridiculous because in Hebrew low curly quotes are not used with acronyms, and double quotes definitely look ridiculous because low curly quotes are only used when the quote itself is from the bible or of religious context ... otherwise we use regular high quotes.

2. anything I write in English within the Hebrew text is processed in mirror form... example: "butter" shows as "rettub" within the target Hebrew text...

3. every once in a while brackets show like this: )word( ...
Collapse

Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Please change the settings in Preferences Feb 24, 2017

Hi,

I can only help you, hopefully, regarding item 1. You should ask the developer for support regarding the other two items.

So, please go to Tools/Preferences/Keyboard Shortcuts/Other Options (the left lower part of the window) and disable "Replace straight quotes with curly".

I hope this will help you.

Regards,
Georgi

Guy Halperin (X)
Guy Halperin (X)
Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Absolutely brilliant! Feb 24, 2017

Thank you, this "check" option is so easy to miss!..

If you dont mind I have another question...
How can I reset the setting to default?
I tried reinstalling and deleting the fluency folder in the user/NAME/appdata directory but it didn't do the trick...

Georgi Kovachev
Georgi Kovachev  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2010)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
The only option Feb 27, 2017

that I found refers to the keyboard shortcuts (Preferences/Settings/Keyboard Shortcuts/Reset to Default). I am not sure this is what you are looking for.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Hebrew compatibility issues in fluency now CAT

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »