Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:16
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 23, 2011

Hi,
anybody here with Fluency working in the environment as per topic subject?
Time ago I tried out Fluency but encountered some VM-related problems, IIRC, but I was working with VMWare.

Wolfgang

Jason Holt (X)
Jason Holt (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:16
French to English
A little late but May 17, 2012

I just saw your post and wanted to let you know that I am running Fluency in Parallels on a Macbook Air, OS X Lion 10.7.4. No problems so far. I had to install the Windows version of MS Office to import Excel files and there was a slight bug with that but it was a Windows/Office problem, not a Parallels problem. Everything works pretty quick and easy. Coherence is awesome.

Premium✍️
Premium✍️  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:16
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
Apple or Tech Support May 20, 2012

Hi Wolfgang,

I wanted to install Parallels 7 platform on my iMac Leopard for Fluency and other software or programs running on both PC and Mac platforms. I was told by my Apple store agent that my warranty will not apply since I would be technically sectioning/partitioning the hard drive and making it into a half PC... They ONLY cover full MAC products. So, I decided against that but I am running Fluency on my netbook
... See more
Hi Wolfgang,

I wanted to install Parallels 7 platform on my iMac Leopard for Fluency and other software or programs running on both PC and Mac platforms. I was told by my Apple store agent that my warranty will not apply since I would be technically sectioning/partitioning the hard drive and making it into a half PC... They ONLY cover full MAC products. So, I decided against that but I am running Fluency on my netbook and laptops.

What a beauty! What a pleasure!! I have purchased MemoQ 5.0 and DV X2 Pro, I am using WFA when required, but to me.... there is NONE other than Fluency when it comes to ease of use, uncomplicated process, readily available and responsive tech support and having to surf the web for research right inside the CAT tool!! What a perfect integration of resources! This is perfect fluency indeed!
Collapse

Premium✍️
Premium✍️  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:16
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
I meant May 21, 2012

...sectioning/making my iMac into half *Windows and they won't support me should any problem arise with it. So beware of this fact.
BTW, I forgot to mention how fast the whole translating process is in Fluency: from opening a file, saving it, pre-translating it, retrieving existing TMs exporting the corresponding TM. It's a breeze! MemoQ comes in close second in that regard. All my TMs are at all times visible in Fluency not in MemoQ
... See more
...sectioning/making my iMac into half *Windows and they won't support me should any problem arise with it. So beware of this fact.
BTW, I forgot to mention how fast the whole translating process is in Fluency: from opening a file, saving it, pre-translating it, retrieving existing TMs exporting the corresponding TM. It's a breeze! MemoQ comes in close second in that regard. All my TMs are at all times visible in Fluency not in MemoQ. I can't even see their content, but I'm still on my learning curve. MemoQ is better at retaining the original formats (Word, Excel, PPT, .xml, .html, .txml and .ttx) and export them at lightning speed.
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Better late than never ...;-) May 21, 2012

Hi guys,
Thanks for your answers about Fluency on Parallels.
Maybe I will try Fluency again when I have time and some spare money to buy it.
As to Multipro's post and the advise of the Appel Store agent I would like to point out that Apple stores sell Parallel as a software that can run on a Mac and that it allows to switch over from a PC to a Mac which many people did. I don't think that anyone ever lost any sort of warranty on his Mac by running a software warmly recommended
... See more
Hi guys,
Thanks for your answers about Fluency on Parallels.
Maybe I will try Fluency again when I have time and some spare money to buy it.
As to Multipro's post and the advise of the Appel Store agent I would like to point out that Apple stores sell Parallel as a software that can run on a Mac and that it allows to switch over from a PC to a Mac which many people did. I don't think that anyone ever lost any sort of warranty on his Mac by running a software warmly recommended by Apple itself to get the best of both world. I agree that Apple is not being helpful when it comes to the Windows side of the Mac but that's quite acceptable. A BMW repair shop would hardly repair a Fiat and vice versa. But IMHO warranty is about hardware so they cannot possibly restrict your warranty.
Anyway, happy to learn that you're so satisfied with Fluency.
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Difference between Fluency Freelance and Professional May 21, 2012

As per subject. I cannot find anything on their website.
TIA for your answers

Richard Tregaskis
Richard Tregaskis
United States
Local time: 16:16
Korean to English
+ ...
Freelance vs Professional May 22, 2012

The link below shows some of the primary differences between Fluency Freelance and Fluency Professional.

http://www.westernstandard.com/Cart/fluency-product.aspx

You can access this page via: http://www.westernstandard.com/Cart/Purchase.aspx by cl
... See more
The link below shows some of the primary differences between Fluency Freelance and Fluency Professional.

http://www.westernstandard.com/Cart/fluency-product.aspx

You can access this page via: http://www.westernstandard.com/Cart/Purchase.aspx by clicking on Description - Product comparison chart
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fluency Freelance vs. Pro May 22, 2012

Thanks Richard, exactly what I was looking for.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Fluency on a Mac on Parallels 7 platform and Seven

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »