Working in Smartling for several agencies/clients - do I need a different e-mail address for each?
Thread poster: TTilch
TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:19
English to German
+ ...
Apr 21, 2020

Hi folks,

I have a question. I gained the impression that my Smartling login e-mail address is always associated with only one company at a time that is using Smartling for translating its content. I.e. were I to use the same e-mail address for a second and third company, I would lose access to the first company.

Is that assumption correct? i.e. do I need to have one particular e-mail address to log in to the Smartling c
... See more
Hi folks,

I have a question. I gained the impression that my Smartling login e-mail address is always associated with only one company at a time that is using Smartling for translating its content. I.e. were I to use the same e-mail address for a second and third company, I would lose access to the first company.

Is that assumption correct? i.e. do I need to have one particular e-mail address to log in to the Smartling content of

Company 1 - ie. [email protected]
Company 2 - ie. [email protected]
Company 3 - ie. [email protected]

but it is not possible to use one and the same e-mail address (e.g. [email protected]) for Company 1, 2 & 3 at the same time?

Anyone having experience with using Smartling for with different companies/agencies?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tanja
Collapse

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
Local time: 18:19
English to German
In memoriam
No Apr 21, 2020

In my experience, no. I work for different agencies on Smartling but I have only one login there. But you should check with your agencies if there will be confusion regarding the tally of your word counts. In the reports you can get from Smartling, the projects are listed but it might be difficult to sort them out by agency. So it might be wiser to use separate logins. But it is not absolutely necessary.

Aline Amorim

Aline Amorim
Aline Amorim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Apr 21, 2020

Kay-Viktor Stegemann wrote:

In my experience, no. I work for different agencies on Smartling but I have only one login there. But you should check with your agencies if there will be confusion regarding the tally of your word counts. In the reports you can get from Smartling, the projects are listed but it might be difficult to sort them out by agency. So it might be wiser to use separate logins. But it is not absolutely necessary.

In my experience, no.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working in Smartling for several agencies/clients - do I need a different e-mail address for each?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »