TvNellen (X)
United States
Local time: 13:55
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Seems to be working fine Aug 14, 2013

Michael De Doncker wrote:

Do you think you could re-post a link to your script? It doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks!

Maybe the site was temporarily down?

Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
Local time: 22:25
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
converting sdl files to words Aug 14, 2013

Hi everybody,
I have a problem in converting a file I translated with Trades 2011 into word.Is it possible to convert a file created in Trades into word?if yes, please help me.
Regards
Mitra

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:55
English
err... Aug 14, 2013

... with Studio 2011!

I'm wondering if you have either posted into the wrong forum, or if you just translated the sdlxliff in memoQ and now can't get Studio to convert the sdlxliff back to Word?

If you have the original Word file and your sdlxliff I can take a look at it for you and see if I can get the target out?

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Mitra Mousavi
Mitra Mousavi
Iran
Local time: 22:25
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Thanks for youe comment! Aug 15, 2013

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your comment.In fact I translated a file with Trades 2011( the original(source text) file was word), but I need to convert it into word.In other words, I want to have the target text in word.
Thanks in advance!
Regards
Mitra!
P.s sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Michael Grant
Michael Grant
Japan
Local time: 03:55
Japanese to English
Brilliant! Feb 5, 2014

Konnichiwa from Tokyo!

TvNellen,

Just wanted to thank you for contributing this great tool! I just happened upon it when searching for help about converting an SDLTM file and this worked like a charm! This will save a huge amount of time and trouble in many instances, so I thank you!

Sincerely,
MLGrant

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Script to open Studio term bases seems to be broken Aug 2, 2018

TvNellen wrote:

Sdltm is one of SDL's ways to make it difficult for users of other CAT tools than Trados Studio to work for clients who use Studio. For those of you who do not believe interoperability is a dirty word, I wrote a script that converts sdltm to tmx. It can be downloaded here.

The script to open Studio term bases seems to be broken for Java 10 (64-bit, Windows and macOS).

Would someone be available to fix this?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Script for converting Trados Studio TMs available for testing

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »