Thread poster: Ricardo Sandy Aries
Ricardo Sandy Aries
Ricardo Sandy Aries  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 22:13
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Apr 12, 2020

Does anyone know how to reset this software to its original settings? The system says that the progress is 100% translated when in fact I have only translated less than 1% of the entire text. I tried to delete the project and removed the document but the results were always the same. If not, do you have any advice regarding the best, ideal settings? Thanks beforehand.

[Edited at 2020-04-12 07:27 GMT]

Tom in London

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Progression in project Apr 12, 2020

Ricardo Sandy Aries wrote:

Does anyone know how to reset this software to its original settings? The system says that the progress is 100% translated when in fact I have only translated less than 1% of the entire text.

I'm not sure whether the progression in a certain project has anything to do with CafeTran Espresso's preferences.

Anyway, you can reset them by clicking on this button:

Screenshot 2020-04-12 at 10.31.55

Ricardo Sandy Aries
Ricardo Sandy Aries  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 22:13
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Messed Up Settings Apr 12, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:

Does anyone know how to reset this software to its original settings? The system says that the progress is 100% translated when in fact I have only translated less than 1% of the entire text.

I'm not sure whether the progression in a certain project has anything to do with CafeTran Espresso's preferences.

Anyway, you can reset them by clicking on this button:

Screenshot 2020-04-12 at 10.31.55

It must have something to do with my previous settings. Thanks anyway for the info. There are just too many settings that I am not familiar with. Nice to have but can be confusing sometimes. I'll just stick to my usual CAT Tools for now.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:13
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Similar Apr 12, 2020

Does anyone know how to reset this software to its original settings? The system says that the progress is 100% translated when in fact I have only translated less than 1% of the entire text. I tried to delete the project and removed the document but the results were always the same. If not, do you have any advice regarding the best, ideal settings? Thanks beforehand.

[Edited at 2020-04-12 07:27 GMT]

I'm having what I think is a related problem. I don't know whether it's being caused by the fact that I'm using the trial version, just to see what CT can do. When I set up a project and did some work on it, I discovered that parts of my source document were missing from the project - but then mysteriously reappeared later.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
50 segments away Apr 12, 2020

The grid table shows 50 segments of your source document. You can increase this value.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:13
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Grid table Apr 12, 2020

Hans Lenting wrote:

The grid table shows 50 segments of your source document. You can increase this value.

I don't know what you mean by "grid table" but in Preferences I have found this:

Screen Shot

...and as you can see I have increased the settings to 100. But I'm puzzled as to why there should be any limit at all. Don't we want to always save everything, always see the whole document, and always save all of the glossary?

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Segments grid and Project page size Apr 12, 2020

No, these settings are related to the autosave interval (after how many segments CafeTran autosaves the project, memory or glossary), something completely different.

You can set the number of segments displayed per Segments grid page in Preferences > General > Project page size (units).

The Segments grid does not display all the segments of a document or a projec
... See more
No, these settings are related to the autosave interval (after how many segments CafeTran autosaves the project, memory or glossary), something completely different.

You can set the number of segments displayed per Segments grid page in Preferences > General > Project page size (units).

The Segments grid does not display all the segments of a document or a project, but a select number of segments in the form of "pages", which can easily be navigated.

This option sets the number of translation units (segments) that are displayed in the Segments grid. You can navigate between segments with the Arrow buttons of the Segments grid.

Note: Limiting the number of displayed segments in one “page” is one of the ways to help running CT more efficiently in battery mode.

---

The components of the Main translation interface (including the Segments grid or Grid table) are explained here.

---

Also, please create a new post when discussing a different topic, this has nothing to do with the issue described by the original poster.

[Edited at 2020-04-12 17:49 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to Reset CafeTran Espresso to Its Default Settings

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »