How do you ignore certain parts of source text when segmenting?
Thread poster: Benkyo
Benkyo
Benkyo
Japan
Local time: 18:15
Japanese to English
Mar 18, 2020

What I want to do is to segment the source document in a way that ignores every "paragraph" that looks like:

" 【0001】"

with any combination of numbers between the brackets. This would speed things up for me when several hundred "paragraphs" from the source text are just paragraph numbers.

Is this possible? I'm used to using Wordfast Classic, which ignores segments like this by default.

Thanks in advance!

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
You can hide them, but you don't need to ... Mar 18, 2020

You can use this feature:

Screenshot 2020-03-18 at 10.49.03

Benkyo
Benkyo
Japan
Local time: 18:15
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 19, 2020

Thanks, it looks like that basically solves the problem, but I'd still prefer to not see or tap through those segments at all.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Continued Mar 19, 2020

If you’re dealing with MS Word documents, you can hide the segments in that editor. You can do this via Find and Replace:

Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 09.12.27

BTW: Via the Skip settings in the Action menu you can ignore segments that you’ve set to Checked via the Task menu.

[Edited at 2020-03-19 08:13 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you ignore certain parts of source text when segmenting?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »