Thread poster: Merab Dekano
Nicolas Bianchi
Nicolas Bianchi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 15:39
English to French
+ ...
Sad story... Mar 5, 2021

While still studying at the ETI, I made a comparison between Trados and DejaVu. The second one won hands down.
The companies I worked fore never used it, but I was willing to give it a go when I started to work freelance.
When I downloaded X3 for the last time in order to test it once more - that was back in June 2018 - I got soon after a phone call from a "sales rep" - a young Frenchman (a student hired for this purpose I thought - in reality an Atril trainee in International Busine
... See more
While still studying at the ETI, I made a comparison between Trados and DejaVu. The second one won hands down.
The companies I worked fore never used it, but I was willing to give it a go when I started to work freelance.
When I downloaded X3 for the last time in order to test it once more - that was back in June 2018 - I got soon after a phone call from a "sales rep" - a young Frenchman (a student hired for this purpose I thought - in reality an Atril trainee in International Business Development according to his LinkedIn profile) - who wanted to convince me to buy X3, telling me that I would get X4 for free when it would come out a few months later...

Well, here we are, nearly three years later, and there’s still nothing on the table!
Collapse

Peter Kovacik
Peter Kovacik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:39
Arabic to English
Same story... Mar 6, 2021

I recently downloaded a trial version of Déjà Vu, and I received an email from the sales representative saying, “We will be launching the new version of Déjà-Vu in 2021.” However, no other details were given, and the X4 link on the Déjà Vu site does not open a new page.

Victor Murray
Victor Murray
Japan
Local time: 23:39
Japanese to English
DVX 4 Mar 7, 2021

I have used DVX for many years now and I believe it is still better than the rest despite the fact that we are still with DVX 3. I also use Atril's TeamServer. My understanding is that the release of DVX 4 is consistently delayed by some of the surprises thrown up by Microsoft since the initial release of Windows 10. The longer I use DVX, the more I get out of it. Their customer service is second to none and the product gives better bang for your buck than any others so I will continue to use i... See more
I have used DVX for many years now and I believe it is still better than the rest despite the fact that we are still with DVX 3. I also use Atril's TeamServer. My understanding is that the release of DVX 4 is consistently delayed by some of the surprises thrown up by Microsoft since the initial release of Windows 10. The longer I use DVX, the more I get out of it. Their customer service is second to none and the product gives better bang for your buck than any others so I will continue to use it even if the new version is on a subscription system.Collapse

Yolanda Broad

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Atril Dead?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »