Brazilian Portuguese linguists with recent experience with Spanish Agencies?
Thread poster: Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 9, 2020

Hello fellow linguists,

It has been years since I last worked with a Spanish Translation Agency. They were asking me to request the "CERTIFICATE OF TAX RESIDENCE IN BRAZIL" at my local fiscal agent, and this was really a headache to get. They needed that document to avoid discounting 25% in taxes for the Spanish government (and, therefore, avoid double taxation). It worked for some years (I mean, sending them the paper), but then they said their government was not honoring the docum
... See more
Hello fellow linguists,

It has been years since I last worked with a Spanish Translation Agency. They were asking me to request the "CERTIFICATE OF TAX RESIDENCE IN BRAZIL" at my local fiscal agent, and this was really a headache to get. They needed that document to avoid discounting 25% in taxes for the Spanish government (and, therefore, avoid double taxation). It worked for some years (I mean, sending them the paper), but then they said their government was not honoring the document anymore, and that I should provide the document and, even though, would be discounted. Sincerely, I don't have rates high enough to cover for this (making bored face here), so I ended up my collaboration with this agency (and with all Spanish agencies).

Now, in one of those really surprises of destiny, I ended up being contacted by this agency again. It is a bit complicated to explain why I won't say no at once, then I will save you the details.

What I would like to know is that: do you have any recent experience with a Spanish Agency? Is their government honoring the certificate or are they discounting the 25% anyway?

Thank you for your comments!

Heloisa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Brazilian Portuguese linguists with recent experience with Spanish Agencies?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »