Australia
Local time: 03:12
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Sep 20, 2020

All,

I have a task consisting of 10,890 segments and I need to make changes to segments that occur multiple times. The changes are commas to decimal points. For example: “1866 (73,5)” to “1866 (73.5)”. The segments that I am changing have the status “translated”.

What happens is as follows:
- I edit a segment and confirm with “Alt” + “R”
- The Auto-propagation progress bar appears and shows gradual progress from 0 to 100%
- The Auto
... See more
All,

I have a task consisting of 10,890 segments and I need to make changes to segments that occur multiple times. The changes are commas to decimal points. For example: “1866 (73,5)” to “1866 (73.5)”. The segments that I am changing have the status “translated”.

What happens is as follows:
- I edit a segment and confirm with “Alt” + “R”
- The Auto-propagation progress bar appears and shows gradual progress from 0 to 100%
- The Auto-propagate window opens with the following message: This paragraph exists 453 times in the current document. Would you like Across to insert your translation into the other paragraphs? [Yes] [Yes to All] [No]
- I click yes

After all of this, a segment two rows below the segment that I have just edited and that contains exactly the same text of the edited segment (prior to edit), in this example “1866 (73,5)”, remains unchanged.
I had expected that it would change and all other 452 segments too.

I am using the following settings under User Settings – crossDesk – Auto-propagate:
Enable auto-propagation of translation: ticked
Only propagate in untouched paragraphs: not ticked
Auto-propagte paragraph state: ticked

What am I missing?
What happens when the Auto-propagation progress bar appears before I make my selection in the Auto-propagate window?
What happens when the Auto-propagation progress bar appears again after my selection?

I would be very grateful for any hints.

Across v7.0 14024, package v. 20.

Cheers,

Peter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Auto propagation not as expected

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »