Translation News roundup for March

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Translation News roundup for March".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

susan rose (X)
susan rose (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:38
German to English
I like it! Mar 28, 2017

Hi Jared,
I like the round-up! Many days I can barely find time to even glance at the headlines, but I do want to go back. You have just made it easier for me. Thanks, susan

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:38
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Great new feature Mar 28, 2017

Hi Jared,
the round-up is a great and useful addition. It builds on an existing feature and extends it. Really nice.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 15:38
SITE STAFF
Thanks Mar 28, 2017

Great, thank you for the feedback, Susan and Siegfried!

Barbara Pozzi
Barbara Pozzi  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Thank you Mar 29, 2017

Thank you, it is very useful and interersting

Murad AWAD
Murad AWAD  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...

Translation News roundup for March Mar 29, 2017

Excellent effort Jared, many thanks. I hope to read news from Turkish and Arabic translation world!

Laura Kingdon
Laura Kingdon  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:38
Member (2015)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks Mar 29, 2017

It's really handy to have a month's worth of news together in one place; otherwise I'm prone to missing things during really busy periods of work when I'm not spending much time on ProZ.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Thanks for the feedback Mar 30, 2017

Thanks everyone for the feedback on this!

Murad AWAD wrote:

Excellent effort Jared, many thanks. I hope to read news from Turkish and Arabic translation world!

This brings up a point I should mention: anyone can submit items to be included in the news section, using the "Share an article" link on the right side of the page. So if you see something you think might be of interest to others, please share!

Murad AWAD
Murad AWAD  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...

Anyone can submit items to be included in the news section Mar 31, 2017

Dear Jared,

Regarding to the language used at the news section, is English a must or other languages are accepted.

i.e. can I use a news written in Turksih/Arabic/German languages? Or it must be published only as English?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Re: Languages for news items Mar 31, 2017

Murad AWAD wrote:

Dear Jared,

Regarding to the language used at the news section, is English a must or other languages are accepted.

i.e. can I use a news written in Turksih/Arabic/German languages? Or it must be published only as English?

Good question. Currently, there is not a very convenient way to manage multiple languages in the news section, but let's give it a try. One way of going about this might be to use the item in its original language, and include a brief summary (one or two lines) in English that explains what the item is about. If an item is submitted in a language other that English, I can also check and see if it has been published in other languages, which is usually the case, and include the relevant links.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation News roundup for March

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »