Thread poster: Volodymyr Pedchenko
Volodymyr Pedchenko
Volodymyr Pedchenko
Local time: 14:01
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
May 19, 2017

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your support over the years and for valuable input during TO3000 Beta testing!

First of all, I am sorry for slowdowns in TO3000 development we have experienced, first, in 2010 due to internal company incident, and then in 2013, due to external events in Ukraine, our home country. Despite all the challenges we have faced our team is back on the stage with AnyCount 3D and Projetex 3D released in the end of 2016, and now we are beta-testing Tr
... See more
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your support over the years and for valuable input during TO3000 Beta testing!

First of all, I am sorry for slowdowns in TO3000 development we have experienced, first, in 2010 due to internal company incident, and then in 2013, due to external events in Ukraine, our home country. Despite all the challenges we have faced our team is back on the stage with AnyCount 3D and Projetex 3D released in the end of 2016, and now we are beta-testing Translation Office 3000 3D. Thank you for patience and understanding.

You can download a copy at http://www.translator3000.com/ - currently 6th beta, and if all goes smoothly, we will make a full-fledged release already next week.

What's new in Translation Office 3000 3D?

- Global Search functionality - you can search in all the data you have in the program
- Dashboard - no fancy images but just key numbers you need, e.g. the number of overdue invoices, or open client jobs. In one click you can jump to the relevant data filtered in the way you want.
- New Reports - And here you can add all the creativity you may have missed in the previous point; TO3000 Report Engine is reliable and extensible;
- Credit Notes and Refunds - that was a tough functionality we have struggled a lot to make it right. We do hope this time it will be convenient to use by all the translators.
- Prospects - many translators have asked us to clearly separate the companies, which are just prospective clients, and the companies, which generate work. Done.
- 3D Reports - you can now quickly view all your data in what programmers call OLAP cube, and in simple words, it's just BigData everyone is talking about in recent decade inside Translation Office 3000.
- Email - now you can send your invoices directly from Translation Office 3000 using customizable templates. We know it's hard to fit everyone's workflow but at the moment the best option is to use IMAP protocol so that sent mail is displayed both in your regular e-mail client and in TO3000 logs.
- Knowledgebase - a place to keep your CVs, translation memories, dictionaries, glossaries and everything else neat and organized.
- Modern interface. The world around us has changed and so TO3000 did.

We welcome your input during beta-testing. Sorry if someone's suggestion will not make it to the release - with complex and mature products you have a dilemma when adding button or feature on request of one user may make workflow of another user more complex. But we make our best to keep all your invoices and files organized and under control.

Have a great weekend and happy translating!

Sincerely,

Volodymyr.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:01
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Download page still does not work May 19, 2017

Hi Volodymyr,

The download page did not work two weeks ago and still does not work: after inserting name and email address nothing happens.
(Checked in four different browsers). I have alerted about this problem two weeks ago but this hasn't been fixed.

Natalia

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:01
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
too little, too late (I switched to BaccS!) May 19, 2017

After using TO3000 for around 6 years, I finally decided to make the switch to something better. I decided to try a new tool called BaccS, whose developer actively listens to his users and who implements all our feature requests at lightning speed. I understand that AIT has had a difficult time, but I just couldn't wait any longer, and am now very happy with my new tool. In only a ... See more
After using TO3000 for around 6 years, I finally decided to make the switch to something better. I decided to try a new tool called BaccS, whose developer actively listens to his users and who implements all our feature requests at lightning speed. I understand that AIT has had a difficult time, but I just couldn't wait any longer, and am now very happy with my new tool. In only a few months Eugene (BaccS’s creator + sole developer) has implemented more great new features and feature requests than AIT managed to do in over 6 years!

Michael
Collapse

Volodymyr Pedchenko
Volodymyr Pedchenko
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TO3000 3D May 19, 2017

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

After using TO3000 for around 6 years, I finally decided to make the switch to something better.

Michael

Well, a presence of choice is good, Michael, I have already read your posting about this tool in another thread about TO3000. It's the 5th one so you are the great follower of the tool Good luck to its author Yauhen, Live Belarus! But let us keep at least one thread about TO3000 on topic

[Edited at 2017-05-19 19:01 GMT]

Volodymyr Pedchenko
Volodymyr Pedchenko
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Direct download link May 19, 2017

Natalie wrote:

Hi Volodymyr,

The download page did not work two weeks ago and still does not work: after inserting name and email address nothing happens.
(Checked in four different browsers). I have alerted about this problem two weeks ago but this hasn't been fixed.

Natalia

Thank you for your great input during beta-testing, Natalie! I have recently discussed your folder suggestion with the team and we will see what can be done although it is not trivial question.

As for download, it works for most users but just in case, please, find below the direct link to current beta (7th):

http://www.translator3000.com/downloads/SetupTO3000v3DBeta7.exe

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:01
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you! May 19, 2017

Volodymyr Pedchenko wrote:
I have recently discussed your folder suggestion with the team and we will see what can be done although it is not trivial question.

Thank you - actually, it would be enough if TO3000 could allow inserting links to existing folders. This would be not too difficult to implement.

John Taylor
John Taylor  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:01
German to English
+ ...
Another switcher.... May 19, 2017

I second Michael.
Switched just a month ago.
BaccS is not perfect of course, but Eugene/Yauhen has already implemented two features I suggested...

And just so this is on topic, one issue was the same for both...

Problem (both TO3000 and BaccS):
The base currency value for jobs is/was not updated once an invoice has been paid. I.e. the exchange rate for jobs and applicable invoice should be updated to the exchange rate of the payment... Surely logical.
... See more
I second Michael.
Switched just a month ago.
BaccS is not perfect of course, but Eugene/Yauhen has already implemented two features I suggested...

And just so this is on topic, one issue was the same for both...

Problem (both TO3000 and BaccS):
The base currency value for jobs is/was not updated once an invoice has been paid. I.e. the exchange rate for jobs and applicable invoice should be updated to the exchange rate of the payment... Surely logical. Exchange rates being what they are, the total on my jobs list and the total paid were wildly out by the end of the year on TO3000.

>> Implemented in BaccS within a week or so (I was away, so it felt like minutes). There's now a tiny little button that lets you apply the exchange rate of a payment to all the jobs of the linked invoice.

Killer new BaccS feature: ability to import data directly from Studio/memoQ/DVX projects. More useful to me than anything I can see in the new features of TO3000 3D.
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:01
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I've just downloaded May 20, 2017

Dear Vladimir

I'll use it for a while (I was user of the tool but when I changed my laptop I did not download the tool -I don't remember the reason). I will let you know my feedback, if any.

Kind regards

Clarisa Moraña

Error message:

Connect to LocalDB Server: [FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Unable to complete login process due to delay in opening server connection

Can not connect
... See more
Dear Vladimir

I'll use it for a while (I was user of the tool but when I changed my laptop I did not download the tool -I don't remember the reason). I will let you know my feedback, if any.

Kind regards

Clarisa Moraña

Error message:

Connect to LocalDB Server: [FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Unable to complete login process due to delay in opening server connection

Can not connect to LocalDB Server.
___
IMPORTANT! Some updates failed.
Please, contact support at http://www.aithelp.com/TO3000Support
and attach information provided above.
Copy of this error log is also saved in C:\Users\Clarisa\AppData\Local\Temp\TO3000DBCreate.log

[Edited at 2017-05-20 16:47 GMT]
Collapse

Volodymyr Pedchenko
Volodymyr Pedchenko
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error May 20, 2017

Clarisa
Error message:

Dear Clarisa,

Please, send your request to support at to3000.com and one of our technical support experts would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Vladimir.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:01
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Issue solved! May 20, 2017

Volodymyr Pedchenko wrote:

Clarisa
Error message:

Dear Clarisa,

Please, send your request to support at to3000.com and one of our technical support experts would be happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Vladimir.

I appreciate your help. My laptop might not been working properly. It's already running on my PC, and I l¡ke the user interface.

Kind regards

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office 3000 3D Beta Testing

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »