Desktop Proz Term Search
Thread poster: Jorge Gonza
Jorge Gonza
Jorge Gonza  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:57
English to Spanish
May 12, 2017

Hello friends and colleagues,

Long, long ago (probably ten years ago now), you could download a desktop-based term search from somewhere in Proz.com.

It was pretty cool.

Is it still available?

Warm regards,

Jorge

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 08:57
English to German
Maybe it was this one? May 12, 2017

2010 to 2016 there were download links for Multifultor here. In the meantime things have changed and the successor can be found here: www.omni-lookup-de.

Agneta Pallinder
Agneta Pallinder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:57
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
url error correction May 12, 2017

URL should be www.omni-lookup.de

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
ProZ.com Term Search in CafeTran May 12, 2017

Hello Jorge,

CafeTran has ProZ.com term search included in two flavors: via the web interface and the direct integration with the translation workflow. You can search your terms in either integration mode, just like you would do it from a desktop application.

Igor

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Yes, but I can't remember it's name May 12, 2017

Jorge Gonza wrote:
Long, long ago (probably ten years ago now), you could download a desktop-based term search from somewhere in Proz.com. It was pretty cool. Is it still available?

I never really used it but yes, I remember it. I can't remember it's name, though. It was a nifty little tool that could be used to search glossaries, and if I'm not mistaken, you could also submit terms with it if you yourself discovered the translation of something by yourself.

Jorge Gonza
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 12, 2017

Samuel Murray wrote:

Jorge Gonza wrote:
Long, long ago (probably ten years ago now), you could download a desktop-based term search from somewhere in Proz.com. It was pretty cool. Is it still available?

I never really used it but yes, I remember it. I can't remember it's name, though. It was a nifty little tool that could be used to search glossaries, and if I'm not mistaken, you could also submit terms with it if you yourself discovered the translation of something by yourself.

Yes, and I think it was home-developed by Proz.com because it had its background colours and fonts and, if I'm not mistaken, it even had the logo.

It's the same little thing we're talking about, isn't it?

Jorge

Jorge Gonza
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I'll try that. May 12, 2017

Samuel Murray wrote:

Jorge Gonza wrote:

And will let you know how it works.

Jorge

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Desktop Proz Term Search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »